Wednesday, September 5, 2007

An Addition Manifesto for those interested

Here is another manifesto for those that are interested: http://www.thecourier.com/manifest.htm. In this manifesto, the Unabomber discusses the industrial-technological move in society during his action. I think this may be interesting for this class. Reflecting on what he says and where we are at with technology today.

On a side note, we were talking about the (Red) Manifesto tonight and I just had a thought. It seems that even though it is a business model, this model provides a benefit to consumer by showing that they are being socially conscious and the business is profiting financially. I wonder if this is a product of the structure of our society in that we want to receive something in return when we are being charitable. I'm not sure if this is something that is real or just a perception that I may have. This came to me through a conversation with my S.O.

No comments: